Professional style is all of the rage at the moment. It used to take searching around antique shops and sales to locate industrial pieces, but today many breeding things are available at retail locations (and costs). Below are some of my favourite readily available pieces.
Related: So Your Design Is: Industrial
ROMABIO / Interior & Exterior Mineral Based Paints
Industrial style can be a mixture of mill bits, farm pieces, even school-style pieces. You don’t have to select only one. In fact, a mixture is more intriguing.
For authentic classic pieces, check out garage sales, the Craigslist listings on the city’s industrial neighborhood, a college or university surplus shop and junk shops. Figure out if your city has a Habitat for Humanity ReStore — the inventory changes all of the time.
Search conditions: “Industrial,” “farm,” “schoolhouse,” “rustic,” “rusty” and “science”
Browse industrial-style items in the Products section
Princeton Senior – $199
Because good lighting is so crucial in schools and factories, industrial design has a ton of great lighting choices. Look for metal lamps, pendants and adjustable-arm pieces.
• Find this one and a number of other classic school inspired pieces at Schoolhouse Electric.
• Hudson Goods
• Shades of Light has plentiful worker-style cage lights.
Short Industrial Metal Bath Cabinet – $249
Few matters are more industrial than alloy furniture. A piece such as this was created for the tub, but that says you couldn’t use it from your living room?
• Find this one at West Elm.
• that I love the Tolix design for practicality; locate it at Design Within Reach.
• Invest in a unique piece like this particular table out of Deskur + Deskur Design Collective.
Industrial Wood and Metal Aiden Coffee Table – $289.99
Wood, metal and a lot of brakes are features of industrial pieces.
• Find this coffee table (along with other pieces in this group, such as shelving and a console) at World Market.
• Crate and Barrel includes wood and metal pieces with blank lines.
• Wisteria delivers distinct shapes.
Lyon Adjustable-Height Industrial Stools, Dove Gray – $274
Metal stools like you’d find in a science laboratory are a great way to add only some factory style. You can locate them with springs such as these or simply use round padded stools (bonus points for finding one that is flexible). With the industrial tendency going powerful, these are cropping up everywhere.
• Find a set of two on Amazon.
• Crate and Barrel has flexible choices.
• Barn Light Electric has stools in many colours.
Vintage Industrial Cart Coffee Table – $1,085
Part of the allure of industrial design is using a piece of machinery for a new function. This cart is the best size for a coffee table and much more interesting.
• Find this and a Great Deal of classic pieces at Factory 20.
• Arhaus includes a similar wheeled java table.
• Hudson Goods offers repurposed-style furniture.
Laundry Cart Rectangular Collection, Natural – $129
These cloth laundry bins show a softer side of industrial. Classic grain sacks or java sacks make great cushions, and a classic silk parachute might be sewn into a throw. I like to pair rustic pieces with luxurious velvet curtains.
• Find these and many, many other industrial-style pieces at the hub of industrial style, Restoration Hardware.
• Etsy has lots of grain sack pieces.
Clayton Gray Home
Vintage Wooden Hotel Essential Rack – $72
Accessorizing can be the simplest way to add industrial design to your home. Repurpose classic pieces which may be “junk” but are still interesting or beautiful. Or purchase the reproduction. I will not tell.
• Find this hotel key rack at Clayton Gray Home.
• Anthropologie frequently includes industrial or machinery-inspired accessories.
Vintage Meets Industrial in Ohio ‘Laboratory’
Light Your Home With Industrial-Style Power
Industrial Elements: Factory Style at Home
Tell us Is the style industrial? Share your best sources and photos of your house below!